How does it help you
How to Create ABHA?
3 Step easy process
Why Create ABHA?
Safe and Efficient way for you and your family to
manage health records
What is ABHA?
Under Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM), individuals can create Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) Health ID Card to manage their health records. It is a 14 digit unique number that identifies individuals and manages their health records.
What are the benefits of having an ABHA Health ID Card?
The ABHA Health ID cards provides following benefits to any individual:
- Complete ownership over your health history.
- No need to stand in line for filling out the hospital admission form. You just need to share your ABHA Health ID card.
- Avail the offers and benefits offered by the government & private healthcare providers through your ABHA Health ID card.
- With complete access to your health history of your existing diseases, previous treatment, medicines, discharge summary, tests and reports, etc your doctor can provide you with a better & timely treatment.
- Check the doctors qualifications along with their details via the Healthcare Professional Registry (HPR) to know how experienced your doctor is.
- Use your ABHA Health ID card at AYUSH healthcare services, which include Ayurveda, Unani, Yoga and Naturopathy, Siddha and Homeopathy.
Why does ABDM allow a user to have multiple ABHA or Health IDs
User’s privacy is very important for ABDM, which believes users are rightful owners of their data, and they only can make rational decisions associated with its usage. Since healthcare is a sensitive subject, ABDM does not restrict users to link different sets of health data with different ABHA. For instance ABDM allows a user who wishes to have a separate ABHA to access data related to their sexual history. However, for better continuity of care, it is recommended to create & use only one ABHA or Health ID.
Are my health records safe and secure?
NDHM does not store any of your health records. Your health records are stored with healthcare providers as per their retention policies, and are shared over the NDHM network through encryption mechanisms only after your express consent.
How to create an ABHA or Health ID card on Meddo using an Aadhar number?
• Open the Meddo app or website & then click on the option of create ABHA
• Enter your Aadhar number & verify it with via OTP
• Enter your mobile number & verify it with OTP for link it with your health ID
• Enter an ABHA address of your choice then your ABHA or health ID card will be generated
How long will the registration take?
You can complete the registration in less than a few minutes. You must fill in your basic details, and then authenticate your Mobile Number or Aadhaar Number.
Do I have to submit any physical documents ?
In the existing process, you are not required to submit any physical documents anywhere.
What do I do if I forget my ABHA account password ?
If you forgot your ABHA account password then you can login through Mobile OTP or Aadhaar linked Mobile OTP and set a new password.
My account is locked from too many incorrect login attempts. What should I do?
If you have not been able to login to your ABHA account via Password, then you can try other modes of authentication (Mobile OTP / Aadhaar OTP) . After three consecutive incorrect login attempts, your account gets disabled for 12 hours to login via any of the one method of authentications (Mobile OTP or Account Password or Aadhaar OTP). However, you can use the remaining methods to login to your ABHA account. Note: You will not be able to login to your ABHA account for 12 hours once you have been locked out from all three methods of login.
Who all can look at my health information?
The registered doctors and healthcare providers need your consent to view your health information. Moreover, you have the right to customize and edit the sharing permissions as per your requirement.
Can I delete my ABHA or Health ID?
Yes, one can delete their ABHA or Health ID permanently or temporarily deactivate.
Will children below 18 years also create Health ID or ABHA?
Yes, ABHA or Health ID for children below18 can also be created by following the same process.