Wrinkles and signs of ageing are a part of our life and all women and men must have thought about Botox which is also known as Botulinum Toxin sometime or the other. If you are wondering about the treatment, safety or Botox injection price in India, we are here to help you. In this post let us understand what Botox treatment is, how Botox works, the benefits of Botox, the dos and don’ts and the Botulinum toxin price.
Botox Price In India For Different Treatments
There are a few factors that affect the cost of Botox treatment cost.
- Brand – Different brands offer Botox Injections at different price points
- Experience of Doctor – Experienced doctors charge more for the treatment
It is always a good idea to get Botox Treatment done by experienced and qualified doctors and aestheticians at reputed institutions to avoid any health hazards. Please feel free to search for top dermatologists on Meddo today.
Here is a table you can refer to for Botox injection prices in India depending on the different treatments and areas that can be treated.
|Indications||Cost ( INR)|
|Crows feet||8000 – 10000 (24 – 30 units)|
|Forehead lines||2800 – 4000 (8-10 units)|
|Glabella lines||4000 (12 units)|
|Upper face||17700 – 20000 (50-60 units)|
|Masseter||17700 – 20000 (50-60 units)|
|Migraine||15000 – 20000|
|Sweaty palm underarms||17700 per palm 17700 – 20000|
|Selfie pout||6000 – 10000|
|Bunny lines||1500 – 3000 (4- 8 units)|
|Nefertiti Lift||10,000 – 12, 500|
|Lifting the jawline and cheeks||10,000 – 21,000.|
Know More About Botox Treatment
In today’s age Botox has become synonymous with ageing and wrinkles. No one wants to have wrinkles and lines on their face which can lead to reduced self-confidence. Botox treatment has become the answer to tackle this visible ageing process and is widely used by celebrities across the world. Let us understand what Botox treatment is and how it works.
Botox (Botulinum toxin) is a pure protein, isolated from a micro-organism. It is produced from the neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. (1) Botox treatment is a non-surgical FDA-approved cosmetic treatment that is widely popular for reducing the appearance of skin folds, lines and wrinkles.
How Do Botox Injections Work?
The Botox injection reduces wrinkles and lines on your face by either weakening or paralysing muscles and nerves on the face. Doctors and certified dermatologists specialising in Botox Treatment inject very tiny amounts of Botox into the affected areas like the forehead, crow’s feet, around lips etc. This injection can be administered both intramuscularly (directly into the muscle) or subcutaneously (area between the skin and muscles). It blocks certain chemical signals from nerves around the affected areas and causes the muscles to relax. (2)
The effects of Botox Treatment last about three to twelve months, so these need to be administered regularly according to the schedule given by the doctor which could be every 6 months or every year.
Benefits Of Botox Injections
Botox Treatment is widely popular for smoothing out wrinkles and signs of ageing from the skin. It is a non-surgical procedure which is why it is preferred by men and women alike. Now that you know about Botox injection prices in India you know it is much cheaper than any other cosmetic surgery. Botox treatment is cost-effective and swift with immediate effects. But this treatment can also be done for various other problems. Let’s have a look at the key benefits of Botox Treatments. (3)
- Signs of Ageing – It smoothes wrinkles, frown lines, and crow’s feet on the face by localised treatment on facial muscles
- Hooded Eyes – Botox prices are not very expensive, considering it can solve your problem of hooded eyes.
- Sweat Glands – Botox Treatment is used for correction of overactive sweat glands in the armpits
- Migraine – Botox Treatment is used for correction of conditions like migraine and cervical dystonia
- Blepharospasm – It can be used to treat and reduce Blepharospasm – a condition of uncontrollable and excessive blinking. It can also treat eye twitching.
- Misalignment of eyes – Botox treatment is used to rectify Strabismus – a condition in which eyes are misaligned – by weakening or paralysing the muscles or nerve endings associated with the eye.
- Bladder control – It can treat bladder control and urinary disorders
- Muscle Spasms – It is effective in treating certain muscle spasms
- Fast relief – Botox treatment can show immediate relief and lasts up to 3 months or one year after being treated.
- Faster Recovery – The recuperation time is very low as compared to any surgical invasive procedure.
The Do’s and Don’ts After Taking Botox Injections – Precautions
Botox injection price in India is relatively low as compared to countries like the USA, the UK, or even South Korea. These injections cause a noticeable change very quickly and they are completely safe when administered by professionals. Here are some do’s and don’ts you need to keep in mind while taking Botox Treatment. (4)
- Choose an experienced and qualified doctor or aesthetician and check their track record
- Keep 2-3 days to yourself for observation
- Gently exercise your face
- Wait for 24 hours for a full workout session
- It’s okay to frown, smile or raise your eyebrows
- Avoid taking Botox Treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby. It can cause botulism in the baby.
- Do not go in hot tubs, hot showers, or saunas for at least 4-5 hours after the injection, because heat can raise your blood pressure
- Avoid touching, or rubbing your face after taking the injection
- Do not apply any physical pressure on the injected area
- Go makeup free for 24 hours
- Avoid any other sin treatment like a facial for 48 hours
Botox injection price in India isn’t very expensive considering all the benefits it can give you to improve your aesthetics. The Botox procedure can be done in a doctor’s clinic or a hospital and it is considered safe. There is no hospital stay involved for a Botox treatment, but it is better to follow the aftercare as mentioned by the doctor.
In case you have any questions, consult your doctor after getting Botox.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How frequently should one have Botox?
You need to follow the instructions of your doctor and take a Botox injection as scheduled by them. There should be a minimum gap of 12 weeks to 4 months between the shots.
Q2. What are the prices of botox injections in India?
Botox injection price in India depends on brands, doctors, and locations. But it can be anywhere between Rs 6000 to Rs 20000 depending on the treatment(s) you are choosing.
Q3. What should I expect from my Botox treatment?
You can expect quick relief from your signs of ageing because Botox injections work very fast. It can also help you rectify many other medical conditions like drooping eyes, twitching eyes, muscle spasms, etc.
Q4. Why is India the best country for Botox treatment?
India is one of the best countries for Botox Treatment because Botox injection price in India is cheaper as compared to countries in the west. The cost of living and medical services are low in India.
Q5. Does Botox lead to side effects?
You can experience mild swelling or bruise at the site of injection but usually, it goes away after a few hours.
Q6. At what age should I get Botox?
You should consider Botox Treatment if you have prominent signs of ageing on your face. The Late 20s or mid-30s are a good age to try this treatment.
Q7. Who should avoid getting Botox injections?
Pregnant ladies and breastfeeding moms should avoid Botox treatments because it can result in botulism infection in the baby.
Q8. How long does it take to recover after a Botox injection treatment?
Recovery is very fast in Botox treatment as opposed to any surgical procedure. Within a few hours, you can see the difference and within 24 hours you will recover.
Q9. Are the results of botox injections permanent?
The results of Botox injection are not permanent because it lasts for 4 months up to 1 year. Follow the schedule provided by your doctor.