ABHA Health ID is a unique 14-digit health identification number that comprises mobile or Aadhaar numbers. It allows users, insurance companies, and hospitals to access health records digitally. It will enable easy digital access to lab reports, prescriptions, consultation details, and diagnoses from verified doctors by presenting the Health ID. In addition, it will digitally connect the hospitals across the country with each other. Nonetheless, applying for a Digital health ID is entirely voluntary and is free of cost.
Critical features of ABHA (Health ID)
- Under this mission, personal medical records and investigation centers will be brought on the same digital platform.
- All tests, diseases, medicine prescribed, report details, and information will be contained in one health ID.
- National Digital Health Mission will revolutionize India’s Health sector.
- People living in rural areas can get better access to medical facilities.
Steps To Create Your Ayushman Bharat Health Account Number (Health ID)
Step 1: Visit the government’s official website, National Digital health Mission, at https://nha.gov.in/.
Step 2: After landing on the homepage NDHM, click on the ‘download NDHM ID App’ Link or download it from the Google play store.
Step 3: Open the NDHM ID App; a registration form page displays.
Step 4: Enter your Name and Phone number and click on the register button.
Step 5: Verify by OTP and fill further details in the application form
Step 6: Fill in the required information (Father/husband name, DOB, gender, and other information) and upload the documents
Step 7: Click on the Submit Button for the final submission of the application.
Creating ABHA is the first step toward creating safer and more efficient healthcare records for you and your family.
Five Pillars of the National Digital Health Mission
The scheme will be launched with five features – Health ID, Patient Health Records, Digi Doctor, and Health Facility Registry. The plan will also cover telemedicine and e-pharmacy services.
- Health ID (HID) – The health ID will uniquely identify persons and authenticate and organize their health records across multiple systems.
- Patient health record (PHR) – A PHR is an electronic record of health-related information of an individual. It accounts for the nationally recognized interoperability standards and can be drawn from multiple sources.
- Electronic medical record (EMR) web app – An EMR is a digital version of a patient’s chart. It contains the patient’s medical and treatment history from a single health facility.
- Digi Doctor Platform (Doctor’s Directory) – the directory must be designed to be kept up-to-date via fellowships and associate them with the facilities they are associated with
- Health Facility Registry – The HFR is a single repository of all the health facilities in the country.
As directed by an official ‘the NDHM scheme will be optional. This will strengthen the system. It will be 100 percent elective. But it is made in a way that will benefit many people, and no one will deny this plan’.
What is a Digi Doctor?
The Digi Doctor option will allow all doctors in the country to register on this app. In this, doctors can also give their mobile numbers if they want. In addition, these doctors will be provided digital signatures for free, and they can use them while writing the form.
Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Health ID for the citizens –
- The registered users will be able to check the private and public healthcare facilities with the help of the Health Facility Registry (HFR).
- Showing the Health ID card to a doctor will let them have a complete idea of the existing diseases, treatments till now, discharge summary, tests, reports, etc.
- The card can be used at AYUSH healthcare services, including Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy.
- A person with a Health ID card can check the doctors’ details along with their qualifications through the Healthcare Professional Registry (HPR), which comprises all the details of a medical professional
- After downloading the card, an individual can avail of the list of benefits offered with the card.
- The sharing of health documents with any healthcare is consent-based
Summing it up!
The Ayushman Bharat Digital Account (ABHA Health ID) is a hassle-free online platform that is secured and protects the privacy and confidentiality of health-related personal information. Through this scheme, the government aims to reduce the risk of preventable medical errors and dramatically increase the healthcare quality in India.